Practice Nurses Program
The aim of this project is to provide practice nurse support and to promote practice nursing to the broader community.
GEGPN offers logistical support to Practices employing Practice Nurses, providing education, training and professional support services for Practice Staff, including Nurses and Aboriginal Health Workers in the Goldfields region.
The project will assist with education and training and with the introduction of a webpage dedicated to practice nurses, GEGPN hopes to encourage networking and provide a platform for practice nurse mentoring.
The Network will identify learning requirements through networking with the practice nurses and will liaise with local health service providers to assist with up-skilling in each of their specialty areas.
The Networks objective for this project is to raise the profile of practice nurses and their role in the practice team, including support to GPs and other practice staff.
Practice Nurse Role
Practice nurses can contribute to the quality and delivery of health care in general practice by undertaking the following functions:
• Providing clinical nursing services in the general practice context through:
• Coordinating patient services through:
• Managing the clinical environment by assisting general practice to meet relevant standards &
• Promoting patient carer & community well being through:
• Sustaining general practice by contributing to better management of human & material
• Improving health outcomes by contributing to and enhancing the management & prevention of ill
Contact: Ms Jacqueline Beard
To find out more details on all programs please refer to the ‘Applications Portal’ (http://apps.goldhealth.net.au/application/notice/notice.asp) or contact the GEGPN on (08) 9080 0400.